Are you able to provide housing related support to those facing mental health issues? Do you thrive on working out in the community and in partnership with other organisations? Want to be an active part of the Community Mental Health Team as the housing expert?
Moxie may have just what you're looking for.
We are partnered with an amazing charity, that puts peoples mental health at the forefront of everything they do, applying trauma-informed practice, attachment theory and a relationship-based approach to provide the kind of service that individuals need. The area that will be covered by this role is Newport.
What will you do?
- Provide housing related support to individuals that are currently accessing the Newport CMHT.
- Identify on-going needs with individuals to enable us to provide appropriate support so they can access relevant and appropriate housing services.
- Work alongside colleagues in other agencies and organisations, sharing knowledge and information about mental health and promoting the role that stable housing has in aiding improved mental health.
- Work with the individuals referred to the service to identify support needs and incorporate them into their individual support plan.
- Liaise with other agencies with and on behalf of the individuals as part of planned support, including participation in joint professional meetings and case reviews.
- Support individuals to access information and advice to empower them to make informed choices in matters that affect them.
What will you need?
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practice, attachment theory and relationship-based approaches.
- Experience of working within the mental health sector and/or supporting people experiencing emotional distress.
- Experience of involving people accessing services in the design and development of the services they used with a strong focus on listening to people with lived experiences.
- Understanding of safeguarding for adults and the importance of safeguarding procedures.
- Self-awareness and willingness to engage in reflective practice and ongoing personal development.
- Full current driving licence and access to your own transport.
- Experience and understanding of dual diagnosis.
- Able to work using ones own initiative and to productively lone-work in the community.
What are the details?
- Salary: £22,321
- Contract: FTC until May 31st 2023 (approx. 12 months)
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon to Fri
- Reporting to: Service Manager
- Location: Covering the Newport area
If this role interests you and you'd like more detail, please get in touch with Keeran @ Moxie People or apply via this ad with a CV, and one of us will give you a call back.