Are you a motivated Support Worker who’s ready to take the next step in your career? Are you ready to challenge yourself in a new residential service that provides a therapeutic alternative to a hospital for people experiencing a crisis?
If so, Moxie is supporting a progressive and passionate mental health and social change charity to recruit a Senior Crisis Worker to form part of a newly created team in Newport.
This is your chance to join a well-established registered charity that has been working in mental health for over 30 years. Its mission is to be a platform for connection, transformation, and social change and its vision is sustainable well-being for all.
You’ll be joining a charity that believes that long-lasting wellbeing comes about by understanding how lives can be shaped by traumatic experiences, identifying people’s strengths, and focussing on healing. They’re a charity that understands they can’t ‘fix’ people, but they can walk alongside them and help where they can on their journey.
Senior Crisis Worker - role details:
- Location: Bettws, Newport
- Salary: £22,321 + sleep-in allowance
- Employment: Full-time, Permanent
- Hours: Forming part of a 24-hour service (shifts – days, afternoons, sleep-ins, and waking nights)
- Your package: 26 days holiday, Health and wellbeing support including EAP, 6.5 % employer contribution to the pension scheme, Enhanced family leave – includes carers leave, maternity, paternity, and adoption and a comprehensive internal training and development programme
- Interview Date: Late May / Start Date: June / July 2022
As the Senior Crisis Worker, you’ll work closely with the service manager to lead a team in a new and much-needed 24/7 crisis intervention residential service on the outskirts of Newport that was launched in partnership with the Local Health Board in December 2021.
Your day-to-day work as a Senior Crisis Worker…
- Working as part of a small and newly formed team, you’ll take the lead on running a 5-bed residential property that provides short-term accommodation for people experiencing a crisis.
- You will support and inspire Caseworkers to provide a high-quality Crisis Service for people experiencing challenges with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- You’ll provide emotional support to people experiencing distress, to offer a safe space where people can talk through what has happened
- You’ll offer practical support to address the specific issues contributing to the person’s distress and help them make plans for how they can improve their situation to prevent future crises.
- Offer tools and strategies to help guests manage their wellbeing and minimise the likelihood of a crisis reoccurring
- Helping guests to identify other services that could help support wider issues affecting their mental health and wellbeing, such as housing, debt, etc.
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of follow-on support both internally and externally
What do you need to be considered for this Senior Crisis Worker role?
- Experience of working within the mental health sector and/or supporting people experiencing emotional distress.
- Experience in mentoring, supervising, or managing staff
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practice, attachment theory, and relationship-based approaches.
- A commitment to overcoming the barriers people experiencing a mental health crisis may be facing
- Knowledge and understanding of Welfare Benefits
- Experience in managing staff rotas and working shifts
- The ability to remain calm in a crisis and empathetic when hearing about upsetting experiences
If this Mental Health Support Worker role ticks all the right boxes and you’re ready to apply, please submit an up-to-date CV via the application link.
For further information on this role or other opportunities Moxie is recruiting for, please get in touch with Rich Thomas for an informal and friendly chat.