Are you a driven, organised, and compassionate person, who is skilled in co-ordinating classes, workshops, volunteer/community groups or training? Do you have an interest in raising awareness of domestic abuse or helping victims of abuse through their journey to recovery?
If so, Moxie People are partnering with a dynamic and evolving women-led charity in the heart of Cardiff, to recruit a Group Support Facilitator on a full-time or part-time (4 days) basis.
This is your opportunity to join a well-established and ambitious domestic abuse charity who deliver a wide range of innovative services for women and children, through individually tailored support packages, group work, crisis support, aftercare and recovery services, and early intervention and prevention work.
What’s the purpose of the Group Support Facilitator role?
Joining a newly formed and supportive team, you will work collaboratively to develop and facilitate a range of group work and peer support programmes to address, raise awareness of, and support survivors of violence against women, domestic abuse, and sexual violence.
Group Support Facilitator duties:
- You will help to co-facilitate, coordinate, and deliver existing groups and workshops for victims of abuse, which includes Phoenix, Own My Life, Peer Support and Safe Spaces Café.
- You’ll learn how to carry out assessments for new service users before beginning group work to establish their needs and requirements, signposting to suitable internal or external services when required
- You’ll encourage survivors to join appropriate group work interventions to help them on their journey to living a life free from abuse
- Carry out regular monitoring and evaluations of the groups and assist with the development and diversification of groups to account for demographics and need
- You’ll have the chance to be creative by identifying and developing new group work initiatives to best support survivors
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £21,000 - £22,000 per annum plus on-call allowance
- Location: Cardiff based
- Hours: 35 per week - Monday to Friday (Flexible between 9am-7pm)
- Annual leave: 25 days + 8 days bank holiday (33 days)
- Additional: Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Program (that supports your health and wellbeing at home and at work) and Paid Emergency Dependent Leave
What does it take to be considered for this Group Support Facilitator role?
- A passion for supporting victims of all forms of abuse and ending violence against women.
- A great communicator, who is organised and confident in taking the initiative to drive the development of group work projects.
- Experience facilitating classes, training, or support/community groups (this could also be in an education setting)
- Involvement/experience of delivering projects
- Understand the principles and importance of peer support
- Comfortable and capable of supporting clients through their journey to recovery
- Computer literacy skills and have some experience of working with databases (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
If you’re ready to apply, please submit an up-to-date CV that highlights your skills and experience via the application link provided.
If you’d like more information on this Group Support Facilitator role before applying, please contact Rich Thomas at Moxie People today on 02921 602 111 for a chat.
Please note, this role is open to women only - exempt in-line with the Occupational Requirement under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1.