Are you a Project or Support Services Manager with a proven track record supporting young people and those facing homelessness?
If so, Moxie People have partnered with a Welsh homelessness charity to recruit a Young People Services Manager to oversee the delivery of projects and services across Blaenau-Gwent.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact on a charity dedicated to eradicating homelessness for young people across Wales, whilst striving to give every young person the chance to reach their potential!
About the Young People Services Manager role…
The Young People Services Manager will support teams covering a range of services, including 24-hour Supported Accommodation services, as well community based support services such as Floating Support and Supported Lodgings.
Duties will include:
- Supporting and supervising all relevant staff on a regular basis
- Monitoring service performance of projects in line with project action plans & funding requirements, in conjunction with the Contract & Quality Assurance Manager
- Ensuring your team’s caseload is managed and monitored effectively
- Ensuring appropriate rota cover for 24 hour staffed projects & other support services (including on call) to ensure effective service delivery
Young People Services Manager - Role details:
- Location: Blaenau-Gwent
- Salary: Pro-rata salary of £24,042
- Employment type: Permanent
- Hours: Part time – 31.75 hours per week
- Pension contribution: 10% pension package (upon completion of probation)
- Annual leave: Up to 32 days annual leave + bank holidays
What makes this charity an employer of choice?
- More than just an employer – a charity, who despite their recent growth, has maintained a supportive/welcoming/family feel, that puts their people first
- A career with purpose – a chance to provide life changing support and help young people set themselves up for a brighter future.
- Training opportunities – you’ll have access to an extensive online training platform, as well as the chance to enrol on specific training in substance misuse, housing law, ACEs etc
- Job progression – join an employer that is passionate about helping their staff progress, proven having promoted their current Head of Service and Operations Director from Support Assistant and Support Worker.
- Broaden your skills and experience – access opportunities to diversify your skills and widen your experience across a range of the charity’s projects including domestic violence service, floating support, employment support, training and skills tutoring
- Be part of a bigger mission – join a charity passionate about thinking creatively to end homelessness and who are moving upstream towards early intervention and homeless prevention.
So, what does it take to be considered for this Young People Services Manager role?
- Experience of managing teams supporting individuals with a wide range of support issues, including mental health; domestic abuse; offending; substance misuse; childhood trauma and homelessness
- A skilled and empathic leader, who’s committed to provide high quality support and supervision to your team members
- A commitment to the charity’s approach to providing trauma informed support in psychologically informed environments.
- You must be a driver with full-time access to a vehicle
If you’re curious to learn more about this Young People Services Manager role, or perhaps you’d like to know more about the service or charity, then please contact Sam Cooper-Woolley on 02921 602 111.