Are you a resilient and compassionate leader? Would you find it rewarding to manage a new residential service that offers therapeutic alternatives to hospital for people who are experiencing crisis?
If so, Moxie is excited to tell you about an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and passionate mental health and social change charity as the Mental Health Service Manager in Newport.
This is your chance to join a well-established registered charity that has been working in mental health for over 30 years. Its mission is to be a platform for connection, transformation, and social change and its vision is sustainable well-being for all.
You’ll be joining a charity that believes that long-lasting wellbeing comes about by understanding how lives can be shaped by traumatic experiences, identifying people’s strengths, and focussing on healing. They’re a charity that understands they can’t ‘fix’ people, but they can walk alongside them and help where they can on their journey.
Mental Health Service Manager - role details:
- Location: Newport
- Salary: £28,000 per annum + on-call allowance
- Employment: Permanent
- Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday (9am-5pm)
- Your package: Standard 26 days holiday, Health and wellbeing support including EAP, 6.5 % employer contribution to the pension scheme, Enhanced family leave – includes carers leave, maternity, paternity, and adoption and a comprehensive internal training and development programme
- Interviews: Late May 2022 / Start Date: July 2022
As the Mental Health Service Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a new and much-needed 24/7 crisis intervention residential service on the outskirts of Newport that was launched in partnership with the Local Health Board in December 2021.
How your day-to-day look like as a Mental Health Service Manager…
- You will lead and inspire your team of Support Workers and a Senior Support Worker in providing a 24/7 high-quality Crisis Service for people experiencing challenges with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Your service will provide emotional support to people experiencing distress, to offer a safe space where people can talk through what has happened, offer practical support to address issues contributing to the person’s distress, and help them make plans for how they can improve their situation to prevent future crises.
- Ensure the charity's strategy is reflected in the day-to-day work of the team, through project plans and key performance indicators.
- Ensure all project monitoring, evaluation and reporting are completed to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- Create a culture that welcomes innovation, new ideas, and ongoing service improvement and personal development.
- Build excellent relationships with external partners and represent the charity at external meetings and networks
- Actively contribute to leadership meetings and other initiatives to drive forward system change and new ideas
What do you need to be considered for this Mental Health Service Manager role?
- Demonstratable knowledge of mental health, trauma-informed practice, attachment theory, and relationship-based approaches
- Experience in mental health, wellbeing, supported housing or tenancy related support
- Experience in leadership and management, preferably in mental health or support-based service
- Evidence of motivating a team and a compassionate leadership style
- Experience of supporting people experiencing emotional distress
If this Mental Health Service Manager role ticks all the right boxes and you’re ready to apply, please submit an up-to-date CV that clearly details your relevant experience, skills, and knowledge via the application link.
For further information on this role or other opportunities Moxie is recruiting for in the supported housing sector, please get in touch with Rich Thomas for an informal chat.